Wednesday 19 January 2011

"It definitely looks like they got in over this wall"

I don't really want to show anything from The Lost Emperor yet (not that there's much to show) so instead this update will be a few of my daily sketches. These usually appear on my tumblr as well.

I also thought it might be interesting to see the stages I go through when drawing, in this case, a fairly simple picture of a face. I'm still working out how to draw on a computer myself, so a lot of the time I'm making it up as I go along. The pictures should speak for themselves:


Not long after this Tracy J. Butler's guide to expressions did the rounds on twitter, and from there I found my way to the How-to-Draw and How-to-Paint sections of her website. I then had a lie down and have a bit of a cry. (In all seriousness though, how brilliant is that website? I don't even particularly like cats!)

I bought Marc Ellerby's latest Chloe Noonan book the other day, and enjoyed it a lot (you can buy it here), and so drew a picture of the titular character: 



The following pictures are just me trying out various things for the most part: 











No comments:

Post a Comment