Saturday 24 December 2011

And we'll watch Christmas TV.

It's been a while, I will admit. I was a bit hesitant about doing a post on Christmas Eve, since I reckon most people have no time for this sort of thing, but apparently I did it last year so we might as well ignore sense and make it a tradition, yes? Yes. (Incidentally, what a different a year makes, that Father Christmas is just plain embarrassing).


I drew this back in September/October-ish. I intended it to be a Christmas card, but it never really worked out. It can be my digital card to you, if you'd like. 



I've been obscenely busy the last couple of months, what with one thing and another, and with the exception of that quick Sherlock Holmes thing I posted previously, I did not draw a single thing. This was my first effort, and it came out better than I could have hoped. It's default drawing territory, but I like it. 




FilmFour are having a bit of a Studio Ghibli trip at the moment (incidentally I highly recommend having a gander at the little ad they put together for it. Brilliant.), and Porco Rosso is amongst my favourites. The Miyazaki films in particular have a habit of depicting flight as it is in my head: full of magic and freedom and....being alive; rather than the dull, soporific airport realities of it all. You can't see it, but I'm making swooping motions with my arms as I type this. 



Mike and Antonia get married next month. Today they finish moving into their new home. I drew this, mostly, because why not?



And then we close on one more festive one, and one more friend one. This is Rebecca, and rumour has it she dresses up as Father Christmas even in July. I suspect that the rumour is true. 




No comments:

Post a Comment