Tuesday 7 September 2010

O Newton, release this apple from its earth shackles.

You will have seen from the previous post that amongst my rough ideas for the children's story was a dirigible/airship. This was originally intended to appear in the second part of the story, although I'm not so sure that it will necessary happen that way anymore. In any event, my mind flew off in a different direction once the balloon came into play, and I started planning a very different story. 

I'm not going to give anything away, but maybe you'll like some of the idea sketches. 


As a drawing, this isn't very good, but I liked the character straightaway. At the time she wasn't going to be used for anything, but was drafted in once the idea formed. 



I went with the bottom one in the end. 



Fleshing out hair/clothing ideas, and getting the personality completely wrong at the same time. 




Next time: the first three pages. Sort of. 



No comments:

Post a Comment