Monday 13 September 2010

They say it's your birthday.

Sometimes I do little pictures for friends' birthdays. This, for example, is for Amanda whose birthday it is tomorrow:





She quite likes Optimus Prime.  Here's another I did for her a couple of years ago: 





This is a picture of The Beatles I did, in a vague attempt to roughly show their evolution, for good chum Mike. I forgot to scan it at the time:




A couple of years ago I made a kind of Comic Book cover for him, with a Magician-type hero character version of Mike on the front. I don't have it and I never photographed it/scanned it. However! It nearly looked like this:




Before I had a sudden rush of common sense. The final drawing was roughly based on this: 






On the subject of rough planning sketches, here's one I did for a picture for my brother's birthday. He'd quite like to play for Barcelona. The final had ticker tape and all sorts of excitement. 




I think this next one was for Penny's birthday. Was it for Penny's birthday? Not that fond of it in 
retrospect. Penny! Feel free to demand something new for a holiday-in-which-gifts-are-given.





Finally, here's a Christmas Card I did a few years ago. Can't precisely remember when, but it was whilst I was at university:






Edit: I have been told off because I forgot this, of Rebecca. I'm disappointed with it for much the same reason I am of Penny's. There are others I've likely forgotten too, I'll leave you to imagine them:


No comments:

Post a Comment