Friday 19 August 2011

To a rainbow like you.

I've been trying out a couple of new things this week, some of which have been pretty successful. (Remember that you can click on images to make them bigger).


I have a tendency to shy away from drawing backgrounds, as I am wont to overcomplicate things before losing interest. Here I kept things intentionally simple, leaving me free to try out some new things with colouring. For the most part I'm extremely pleased with how this came out. 




Twice these week I've decided not to colour a drawing. This was the first, and it was largely because I wanted to mess about lines-for-shadow a bit. This, like the majority of my pictures, was drawn in Manga Studio. 




This, on the other hand, was drawn straight into Photoshop. I usually use Photoshop just for colouring, and after this experiment it is likely to stay this way for a while to come. Despite messing about making brushes and so on, I just found the whole drawing and inking process incredibly laborious. I know of several people that work exclusively in Photoshop, and I wish I knew their approach! 




As a wee lad Luke Skywalker was my favourite Star Wars character. It seems obvious really; after all, he was the hero! The jedi! No amount of whining can detract from the classic farmboy-to-saviour role when you're a child. 

I’ve never much understood the people who say (claim) that, for example, Boba Fett was their favourite. You’re talking about Star Wars friend, it’s not gonna make you cooler no matter how you approach it. 

Han Solo is, of course, entirely understandable. 


No comments:

Post a Comment